Wednesday, February 13, 2008

my passion...


"What are my passions? After much thought and analysis, I came to the conclusion that I don’t really have one main passion."
Tristan Darling


I, like Tristan, would consider myself a complex person. I have a wide variety of passions that make up my personality. Although, I would say that the thing that makes me “tick” is probably singing. I have been singing since I learned to talk. As a little girl, I would sing along to my Dad’s favorite country songs. In fact, there is an embarrassing home video of the three year old version of me performing “She’s in Love With the Boy.” Ever since I was young, singing has been a part of me. It has always been an outlet for me and the way that I express myself. Music is my way of relieving stress and improving my mood, similar to running. Throughout school, choir has always been a break in my day. I have always looked forward to the time when I can be “footloose” and focus on something that I truly enjoy. It is a time when I can let go of my worries about school and friends and the future. When I sing, my true colors come shining through. I can forget about the outside world for a little while and feel comfortable just being me. I feel free when I am singing, whether that would be in the shower or on a stage. When I sing, my anxious nature just seems to disappear and I get a “sugar rush.” It could be the worst day of my life and I could be in the worst mood, but if I get a chance to sing I will end up having a huge smile on my face. The power of music is truly remarkable. Music can provide motivation, hope, and faith. One of my favorite songs that has been an inspiration to me is “When You Believe” from “The Prince of Egypt.” As represented by this uplifting song, music is truly a gift from God, and I thank him for it every day.

No comments: