Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Extra Credit: Ben Marcus

“You love that person deeply, just not at that moment.”

Love is a very complex emotion that comes in different forms. The word “love” can represent a variety of meanings. The love one feels for his or her friends is different than the romantic love one feels for his or her significant other. True love, however, is powerful and can never die. When you love someone deeply, that feeling cannot go away. Of course, in relationships there are times when conflict and arguments arise. It is only natural to have disagreements with those you love; however, the feeling of love does not disappear. In fact, issues and disagreements are like metal bars and strengthen relationships. The act of “making up” and resolving an issue brings two people closer together because they learn something new about each other. Hilary Duff explains it well in here quote from the movie “Cheaper by the Dozen” when she says “There are times when I want to kill Sarah, but I would kill for her all the time.” I have the same feelings about my little sister Kerri. She is my best friend and I love her to death. Of course, like normal sisters, we get into stupid arguments and give each other the silent treatment. Not surprisingly, since coming to college I have really missed having her around. We used to talk to each other every day and offer one another advice. It is true that there are times when I want nothing to do with her and would rather not be around her. However, my feelings towards her are not affected by anger. I honestly do not know what I would do without Kerri. Our love is so strong that we are inseparable. Though the distance keeps us apart, we are always together in each other’s heart.

No comments: