Thursday, April 17, 2008

let's hear it for the boy...

This song, made famous by Denise Williams, always puts a smile on my face. I cannot help getting up and dancing whenever I hear this song. Its unique rhythm and beat make it easy to dance and sing along to. This song was made famous by the 1984 hit movie “Footloose” starring Kevin Bacon. I would have to say that the scene in the movie with this song is my absolute favorite. Willard is attempting to learn how to dance and there is no better song to learn to dance to.

I was so excited when I heard that my high school was doing Footloose for our musical my sophomore year. I would have to say it was mostly because of this song. My friends Maggie Tatone played the part of Rust and got to sing “Let’s Hear It for the Boy.” I thought that she did an amazing job and would have made Denise Williams proud. Though I did not make it into the cast of Footloose, I helped out with costumes. I was alright not making the show; I was just excited to still be involved with it.

Being a dancer all my life, I love this kind of music. I really enjoy songs that are upbeat and fun and easy to dance to. I especially like to listen to this kind of music as I work out. It pumps me up and get the endorphins going even more. This song always puts me in a good mood, no matter how crappy of a day I may be having. Whenever I hear the starting beats, I get butterflies in my stomach and get really excited. As I start to sing along, I begin to think of my crush or boyfriend and pretend I am singing about him.

No comments: