Tuesday, April 22, 2008

stand...

I am sitting on the couch and a tear rolls down my cheek. “I am really sorry,” he says, “I just can’t do this anymore. “I understand,” I hear myself reply. “You do not love me anymore and I am just going to have to accept that,” I say. Then the motivational words of the Rascal Flatts begin playing in my head. When I was dumped by my boyfriend of nearly six months, I definitely felt like a “candle in a hurricane.”

This song entitled “Stand” has been the motivation a hope of faith through the past couple of weeks. This song really relates to my current situation. As I sat there on the couch with him looking back at me, I felt alone and helpless like I had lost my fight. However, while having time to think and be on my own, I have realized that I truly will be alright. I will get through this and life goes on. I might bend until I break because this is all I can take; however, since push came to shove I have tasted what I am made of.

While looking at his hazel eyes and short brown hair that day I realized that I had enough. I could not be with someone that did not love me back. Also, it would not be fair for me to be in a relationship with someone when we both knew it would not go anywhere. As we sat next to each other on that tan couch “I got mad” and I told him that I felt like my heart had been ripped out and that everything he had lied when he said he could see us together forever. Then I got strong and I realized that if he was dumb enough to walk away, I was going to be smart enough to let him go. So I wiped away my tears and wiped my hands and I shook off what happened. Then I decided to get up from the couch and ever since then I have chosen to “stand” and live life.

No comments: